Did anyone watch the American Idol fund raiser thingy last night?
I have been pretty shocked and impressed over the last 2 weeks.
1) Last week, the contestants were all singing Dolly Parton's songs. Very cool- love her. So she got to sing her new single at the end of the show. Her voice is definitely going, but she still has all the personality and showmanship she's always had! Anyway, her song was about JESUS!!! Blatantly Christian. Matthew and I were pleasantly surprised they allowed such a statement of Christianity...
2) Last night, on the fund raiser deal, the very last song included all the contestants, a large choir, and a band, and guess what they sung? SHOUT TO THE LORD! Can you believe it?
3 comments:
They're just trying to keep up with Oprah and her big give. Although I must say, I like neither the big give or Oprah.
That's awesome! I saw a choir on Ellen and The View singing with Kirk Franklin. Love it. I think perhaps folks are starting to want a little hope, and that's JESUS!
Even if they are just trying to keep up with Oprah, which is totally possible, Paul says that if the Gospel is being preached, it doesn't matter if the intention is selfish.
Philippians 1:15-18
I agree with Emily that it's an issue of hope. People need something to hang on to.
Post a Comment