So I stumbled across a good combination today. I must be grateful to my lack of white flour, since it caused me to become creative with my bran cookies :)
I used the recipe for Peanut Butter cookies on the back of the Hodgson's Mills Oat Bran. It said to use 1 cup of Oat Bran and 1 cup of white flour. Thus, I found myself in an unexpected dilemma- you see, I usually have white flour, but not today!
So I added 1/4 cup oat bran (in addition to the 1 cup the recipe called for), 1/2 cup corn flour, and 1/4 cup wheat bran. I was afraid to add too much wheat bran because last time my cookies did not hold together well, and were all mushy.
The corn flour made the cookies crisp around the edges, and the oat and wheat brans gave them good flavor. Yum!
No comments:
Post a Comment