Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Do 20 minute workouts work?

Let's try it, and see! I will be the guinea pig. I figure that blogging about my new exercise DVD will make me actually exercise!

I'm using Pilates beginning mat workout with Ana Caban. They claim that in 10 days you'll feel better, in 20 days you'll look better, and in 30 days you'll have a whole new body.

Uh...I'll let you guys know.

Day 1: Complete; did modified version of about half the exercises.
Day 2: Complete; same deal. I should point out (in case anyone is actually reading this to find out whether or not this program would work for them) that I do the modified versions mostly because I am not flexible enough for the big ones yet. They do a lot of things that require you to be able to easily touch your toes while sitting, standing, and laying. Since I used to be an athlete, I already have a decently strong "CORE." However, if you've never been an athlete, you may need to stick with the modified versions until you build up your abdominal muscles.
Day 3, 4, 5: Complete; have moved up to the normal version of some of the strength exercises, and on one of the flexibility exercises! Matthew came into the living room last night, after I yelled to him, "I finally got it!" and he found in a pretzel sort of shape, barely hanging on, but dang it, I GOT IT!
Day 6: Complete. I do feel better already. Not sure if I look any better, but I really like the relaxing breathing.

4 comments:

Future RN said...

I need to get healthy too, or so the doc tells me. I thought if I blogged about it, I'd feel more accountable.
You really are going to be a guinea pig.

Mrs.Thornton said...

I'm fine with that! I like this one so far!

Mr. Yarnball said...

I know what you mean. I use to be an athlete also and still have a lot of core strength.

Mrs.Thornton said...

Hah! I'm waiting to see this CORE you mention... :)