I took Julius to the vet yesterday (has a cold or something), and as soon as I walked in, the vet tech said, "Oh! He's orange! Is he special? You know he's special!" And I said..."Yes, he is special...how did you know??" All orange cats are special, apparently!! That's why Julius acts more like a dog!
He went on to throw an absolute, complete hissy fit in the vet, and wouldn't let anyone, including me, touch him. So they couldn't get his temp, couldn't feel his belly, couldn't listen to his heart rate. He scratched a couple of peoplem, including me...they had to get the ::oh so embarrassing:: elbow-length-industrial-strength-gloves-plus-a-towel to handle him.
They sent me home with a sedative, and said to try giving him that, and then coming back.
So, as a prudent cat mother, I was totally embarrassed by kitty's behavior, and was extremely apologetic with the vet and techs, to which the vet replied, "Oh, all orange cats do this. They like to have things their way, and they throw fits. My cat is an 11 year old orange male, and he goes straight into anesthesia when he gets here!"
So anyway, who knew? He was a total brat, but we still think he's special :)
(As soon as I find my phone USB, I'll post a couple of pics of special kitty on his leash)
3 comments:
just like redheads i guess.
amen lol
You're so right- I never thought of him as a redhead, but he totally is!
Actually, on the way to the vet, in the car, he kept climbing on my shoulder, and meowing at the TOP OF HIS KITTY LUNGS, right into my ear. You'd be surprised how LOUD it can be!
That's a redhead for ya!
Post a Comment