:)... :)
Now that my rant is over, I can say rational things that make sense, and do not make me seem so angry. :)
This article articulates why it makes me so mad when people throw around insults about Sarah Palin. It is one thing to disagree with her ideas, which you're free to do, but it's another thing entirely to call her names and act as if she is any less intelligent than anyone else in the race (which you're also free to do, incidentally).
I do believe I like her because I feel like I can trust her motives. Same with McCain. And let's face it, the fate of our country is going to come down to the character of our president, because neither guy can possibly do everything he's promised. (But if he does, I will give him a gold star- if Corrie will let me have one from Grant's reward chart.)
We must be comfortable in the fact that our President has our best interests at heart.
Also, I have a question...does anyone know why feminists are so against Palin? I would think, probably somewhat naively, that this is what they want- a woman in a position of authority. So...is it because she got married and had kids? It doesn't seem to fair that they would only support a women who is like them, but that may not be the case. Does anyone know?
7 comments:
People sling mud at Palin for the same reason they sling mud at Obama. Or anyone.
i don't know for sure, but i suspect that any feminist who doesn't like palin doesn't like her because of political ideology rather than feminism per say. meaning.. hillary feminists are never going to like palin because their politics are fundamentally different. it's probably nothing inherently feminist to not like palin. i don't know.. i'm not a feminist. :)
Most feminists don't like Palin because she's anti-abortion, and, unfortunately, that's become the spearhead issue for feminism.
OK, so you girls are saying it;s about the issues, and fundamental disagreements? That makes me feel a little better, because I had heard that some women didn't like her because she married (a man!) and had kids...
Which, if that's the case, is just as intolerant as suppressing women because they are women.
Ew, that's icky. I know quite a few liberal feminists... they're all married with kids!
I believe that Ms Palin was put in a difficult position of being thrown center stage, with no recognition by the audience. She was then expected to play big league political hardball with no experience on a national level.
Her task given, was to attack her opponents with all that she can muster. Probably not her usual demeanor. Perhaps an unfair expectation, certainly the throw back was more than she would like, according to a recent interview on TBS.
Joe, I agree with you that she was put in a very difficult position, but I might amend your statement to say that the task she was given was to prove herself.
Of course, she has shamelessly played into the attacks that began with McCain and Obama before she and Biden even entered the race. However, I see her attempting to prove herself worthy, a task given to her by the American people, and also, probably not her usual demeanor.
By the way, thanks for posting a comment. I thought nobody read my blog :)
Post a Comment