Thursday, July 10, 2008

American Idol Auditions

OK, so here's the deal with the auditions...there are several ways to "get in good" with the big dogs.

Thanks to Emily, I know now that auditions are on July 21st, but you have to go on the 19th or 20th to get a wristband, which we are planning to do. Those with wristbands will be permitted to audition on July 21st. There are further rounds of auditions in September.

ALSO- and this is the important piece- our local FOX news is doing a Cincinnati Idol competition, and auditions are this Tuesday. The winner of this competition is guaranteed an audition in Lexington on July 21st- no wristband required, no questions asked. However, they are only taking the first 250 people to pre-register. I sent in our info.

SO- you need to pray that we are included in the 250 preregistered peeps!!! Also, help me find a dang song, already! (And an outfit)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jess, I'm more excited than I should be about this. LOL. I def want to see the outfits and hear the songs for both you and Matthew. Maybe all my useless hours of watching TV can come in handy for once...

Oh and feel free to raid my closet.

Yarnball said...

Fun! Prayers headin' south for both of you. Whatcha gonna sing?

Emily said...

Hey Jess- there's a song called "Someday" that was from the end credits of The Hunchback of Notre Dame- very pretty and yet pop. Another idea is "Let the River Run" by Carly Simon. Or "Bridge Over Troubled Water." It has to be a capella, right? Anything by Norah Jones is fun-except her crazy political and not-thought-out tirades, but they don't make the albums. Sarah McLachlan's also a good way to go for good songs, though you might want to pick a less well-known to avoid the comparisons...That's my two cents!

Emily said...

Or some of Christina Aquilera's new stuff! It's got some big band kind of sound to it!

Yarnball said...

I agree with Emily ... want to avoid comparisons. I've seen otherwise good singers eliminated only because they didn't "sound like" the original!