Hey, I am so proud of myself, because yesterday, I totally called on the Holy Spirit and did not lose my temper, even after a string of crappy things!
I stayed at work late (somewhat accidentally) to get things sorted out with this new program I'm implementing at work. It is already making my job easier, but it's taking a lot of groundwork to be it rolling. Staying at work late was not bad in itself, but we had to be back at church for band practice at 6:30, with a dish in hand to add to the potluck we'd attend after band practice. So...I rushed home, whipped up some shortcakes and whipped cream, and jumped in the shower. A little stressful, just to be in such a hurry. Then Thornton wanted to run through one song before practice, and we actually got into an argument about how to do the song (this has never happened before, surprisingly). So after that, I wasn't ready in time, so he left without me, and took my FOB to get into the building. I showed up literally 5 minutes later (couldn't he have waited?) with my master key to get into the building. I was having trouble turning the key, and somehow...I dropped the plate with the shortcakes and it shattered, sending cake and shards everywhere. My key was stuck in the door (I pulled and twisted!) and I was locked outside.
Boo!
So I took a deep breath and prayed that God would help me get this cleaned up, and make it through band practice so I could go home. Then it was Scoggins and Ben to the rescue! They got my key out and helped clean up the mess. Then Scoggins called Sheila to pick up some angelfood cake at the store, so we could still use my lovely lemony whipped cream.
I think God was happy I turned to Him first, and he sent those guys to help me keep my sanity.
When I went in a relayed all this to Matthew, he immediately said I could skip practice and go home if I wanted, but I didn't need to! So the day ended on a positive note :)
2 comments:
You are becoming the lovely young woman God has in mind for you!
Hurray for you, Jess! I think God does honor our plight when we turn to him first. Yea Scoggins and Ben for being the way God worked!
Post a Comment